If you are always the problem in your group of friends or family because you are vegan or vegetarian or maybe you have one relative and you never know what to cook for him or her, this is for you.
Being a vegetarian or a vegan can be hard, also if you are beginning the journey. Finding what to ear and where to eat it is always a problem. We have for you this recipe that can make your life easier and also if you are into healthy and fresh cooking.
Here you go
The veggie beet burger
Yes! our savior, now is easier to find a restaurant with vegetarian or vegan options and a burger is a classic. For making it yourself or surprise your veg friend here we have our fav recipe of all times. And with beet that makes it even better!
- 2 cups beet root, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup red quinoa cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp wholemeal bread crumbs
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 175°C/357°F.
- Place the beet root cubes on a lined baking tin, rub with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Place the roasted beets in a food processor and pulse two or three times – you need some texture for the burgers, so make sure you don’t mash them completely.
- Transfer the beets into a large bowl, add all the other ingredients and stir to combine. If the texture is too mushy add more bread crumbs until you obtain the desired consistency.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes on one side, then flip over and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Assemble the burgers immediately after removing from the oven.
- Serve immediately. And ENJOY!
Credits to http://www.theawesomegreen.com